Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Laramie

We decided that, after Minden, it was time to get a move on. So we drove and drove. Originally we decided to stop in Ogalala. (I'm sure I spelled that wrong. Yet it is the prettiest-named town I know.) But instead, we decided it wasn't far enough, so we headed for Cheyenne, Wyo.
Then we learned it is Frontier Days, when Cheyenne is full of cowboys who need hotel rooms, too.
So we find ourselves in Laramie, and in a really funky motel with statues of cowboys and whatnot out front.
Our limo caused a bit of a stir, too.
We were stopped at a light when a guy in the truck next to us rolled down his window and yelled to me "Are you REALLY from New York?"
I told him no, that we had bought the limo in New York and were driving it home to California. Then he says: "Hey, follow me."
I asked why, and said that we were headed somewhere. He said he wanted to buy us a drink. That's when I realized that he had probably already had a few drinks, and that I would let him drink alone. So I politely declined.

2 comments:

SueLovesBooks&Movies said...

Hey neighbors!
I just found your blogsite...of course I lost the paper you gave me, Stasia. But it sounds like you guys are doing just fine without my comments.
I love your travelogue...it's like I'm travelling with you. Now I can say I've been all across the US!
Love the limo, too. And the pictures. Keep them coming!
See you soon,
Sue

~ Kerri ~ said...

You guys are the coolest family EVER. Continue to travel safely! (And this lesson was learned 15 years ago, but bears repeating as you head home - be sure to get gas, lots of gas, BEFORE heading into the absolute nothingness of eastern Oregon. "There's gotta be a gas station in the next 100 miles" does NOT apply here. Trust me on this one.) It's so fun to travel vicariously through you! :-)